Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Eve!

Geesh, where did the week go? No, that's not me complaining. I'm glad it's Friday and I'm looking forward to VaLEnTIne'S dAy tomorrow. I do however agree with Hunkaroonie that it's a Hallmark Holiday and that people put too much pressure on it (like if you're single they make you feel like the whole world will be pointing their fingers at you, that you have to sit around and eat bon-bons by youself and sulk OR if you're in a relationship that you have to get a dozen red roses, pull out your panty hoes & strapless bra, make reserverations at the best

heart day

resturant in town, and eat out of a heart shaped box of chocolates). Well not me, not us. We stay in. We page through the cookbooks, try a new recipe, open a bottle of wine, eat chocolate with my coffee, dance in the kitchen and snuggle up for a movie. We don't do the flowers, we don't pay $150 for a dinner that I could have made better at home and we don't pay $9 for a glass of wine. We simply enjoy a day that's meant to recognize LoVE. Because really that's what it's about.

heart day
I do however have a surprise for Hunkaroonie (I'm making over his office. He's such a guy- he's got nothing in it!) and plan to take him ice-skating tomorrow. I'll be skating hearts, I mean circles, around him!
I hope ya'll have a wonderful Heart Day, whatever you do I hope it's simply sweet.

OXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by...that frame is from Target but it was from a few years ago. :) It is actually one of those autograph frames that they use for weddings. :)
Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Michelle said...

i heart you!!