Friday, July 17, 2009

the big apple: take a bite part I

After a late night arrival to NYC, a cheeseburger, and a good night sleep* we were ready to start exploring. We had no plans. No reservations. Just a map. We loved that map.

First stop, breakfast in Bryant Park. Weather was gorgeous. Everyday.

nyc 09 011
{Thank you Hunkaroonie for that fake smile.}

Then to Grand Central Station and Grand Central Market. Breath-takingly-beautiful. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen Grand Central Station, it still amazes me.

nyc 09 002

And the market. Oh the market.

nyc 09 006

nyc 09 009

From the fish, pastries, coffee, spices, herbs, salads to the meat. I'll take it all wrapped up between two slices of honey wheat bread. The colors and the smells. Divine. And the flowers, those were beautiful too.

nyc 09 008

And we did some shopping. Whatever we passed. Nothing in mind. But how I wish I would have brought an extra suitcase just for this store, M&J Trimming. They do have a website.

nyc 09 012

Next stop, Chelsea Market. But that deserves a post all to itself.

*The Radisson has sleep number beds. I'm not saying I don't like them. Just would never buy one. Never. Ever.

No comments: