Wednesday, July 29, 2009

hi, hello, how do you do?

UPDATE: I love love love meeting ya'll! Keep the comments coming!

I know you're out there. I can see you. I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.

I started this little blog to stay connected to our family and friends who live afar. To document our life- marriage, home renovations, etc. Along the way I've met some fellow bloggers and it's been a fun way to network- get decorating ideas, recipes, and a tiny peak into their everyday lives.

I love writing. I love photography. I had intentions of getting a degree in Journalism. Changed my mind sometime sophmore year. I don't regret doing so but this blog is a nice outlet for me. To do both. I'm so glad you take the time to stop and read my blog. Either because you like to snoop or because you're family or friends and miss us.

the ways in which a tree grows



I personally love to snoop. I love to peak in windows at night (from the sidewalk, while walking Dakota, not nose-up-to-the-window) and see what people are doing. How they have their house decorated. Sitting around the table eating. Folding laundry. Whatever they are doing, it's intriguing to see what everyone else in the world is doing. So, I welcome the snoopers to my blog too. I'm so glad you're here.

But you know what I'd love even more? For you to say hello! Anyone. Everyone. Family. Friends. Snoopers.

So, please. Leave a comment. I can't wait to hear from you. Or to meet you.

14 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ok, you caught me! :) I found your kitchen redo on another site and fell in love! Then I saw your dining room and had to bookmark. I've been meaning to say hello, from one black paint lover to another.

Jen said...

I also found you via another site, but I think I actually went to high school with you. Small world, huh! Love the site!

Darcy @ m3b said...

I'm just here to see pics of Hunkaroonie. ;)



aheahehahehaeha. Just kidding. Mostly.

jessica said...

I love to snoop to! I do the same thing while walking our dogs in the evenings around our neighborhood. I often wonder if anyone in the houses can see me but I can't see them and think I'm just being nosey. But I really am just curious about how other people live their lives. I think I found your blog through another site for decorating but I've been following you ever since so keep up the good work -- and snooping =)

Danielle and Clint said...

I have to agree with Kathleen's comment...I saw your kitchen redo and knew I had to follow your blog! Along the way, you have give out great food ideas and some cute stories!

So...hello!!!

Teresa in ND said...

Ok Bridgette, I know you're talking to me. I'm a client of your beautiful, witty, kind (just in case she's reading this) M-I-L. I told her just yesterday that I feel like I'm stalking you. I love your blog, I'm constantly checking in. Even after a long, busy day I'll jump on the computer right before bed. My Hunkaroonie will ask what I'm doing "just checking in with Bridgette" comes my reply. he finally called me out and asked if you even know that I exist...our "friendship" is so one sided. So here I am, confessing all, I love your recipes, writing style, photography and passion for live.

God Bless and good luck with BH&G next month.

Crystal said...

love you guys--and so glad we got to see you today. Can't wait to see that backsplash :)

C.E.R. said...

Howdy. I also came across your kitchen reno on another site...but you sucked me in with your easy peasy yummy recipes. Nice to meet ya!

Anonymous said...

Don't recall how I was lead to your site, but it's now one of my FAV's!!! Love all your recipes...and plan to make that Tomato Pie now that homegrown tomatoes are in abundance!!

I moved from So California to Edina in 2005, but sadly had to leave in 2008 as it was 6 months before my wedding and company had a big downsizing. Had to move to where my "now" husband lives...back to my Hoosier roots in Indianapolis. And, let me tell you I MISS the Twin Cities...it's a great place and I try to visit often.

Keep up your great posts...they are fun to read.

Posting annonymous cuz I need to track down my Google password..ha!!

Laura said...

HI! I adore your black kitchen cabs...I'm in the process of redoing mine (tops white, bottoms black).
Thanks for the inspiration!
P.s...I'm totally a snooper too :)

Annie said...

You are too cute, I always love stalking you. And PS...when I have a house again I will REALLY be stalking you for your decoration ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! I wouldn't call it stalking or snooping....more like taking a sneak peek into the "Day and the Life of Bridgette Niezwaag"! I love your posts and the pictures. Someday I'll start my own blog...but for now I'm having fun reading yours!
Luv ya, Kristin

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
Several
home based business

If you want to know more here it is
home based business opportunity
www.home-businessreviews.com

Aaron said...

My dear Bridgette- You put the words to my thoughts. xxoo (Not Aaron..his other half:)