Sorry for all you non-foodies out there. Here's another recipe post. Two days in a row, I know. But I've had requests for this one. And fair enough, I show the picture and then don't share the recipe. So here you are, it's delicious. I hope you try it! It's a fun dessert to make when you're serving Mexican food. Heck, it's a fun dessert to make for ANY meal.
What you'll need:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Corn Flakes Cereal
Cinnamon & Sugar
Now, follow these steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350degrees.
2. Place an even layer of corn flakes on a cookie sheet.
3. Spray flakes with a little cooking spray just so the spices stick.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the corn flakes to your desired amount of seasoning. Mix around so everything is coated evenly.
5. Place in the oven, stirring occasionally. Just cook long enough so all the flavors can combine. Don't burn!
6. While the corn flakes are cooking, form the ice cream balls. The size is up to you.
7. When the flakes are done, take them out of the oven and drizzle with honey. Now roll your ice cream balls over the corn flakes until they are covered.
8. Repeat this a second time if you'd like. Adding more honey, so the flakes are sure to stick, as desired.
9. Place the ice cream balls on a clean cookie sheet that is covered in wax/parchment paper.
10. Place in the freezer for a few hours or until they harden.
11. When you're ready to serve put on a plate, drizzle with honey, top with whip cream and a cherry. And to be really fancy dust the plate with some cinnamon!