Sunday, August 2, 2009

Grill'in Recipe: Tea Rubbed Filet Mignon


**Yup, it's me. Just a little summer facelift! You likey?**

Hunkaroonie made this recipe tonight. I couldn't get enough. Talk about delicious and very unique flavors.

What you'll need
2 teaspoon (about 2 tea bags) Earl Grey tea leaves
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoon EVOO

4 filet mignon steaks

Now, let's start
1. In a spice mill (we use an old coffee grinder), whirl the tea leaves, peppercorns, tarragon, and salt until finely ground. Pour into a bowl, add EVOO and stir into paste.
2. Brush all sides of each filet with the paste. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 min. before grilling.
3. Grill steaks over direct heat for 10-12 min (depending on grill). Let rest once off the grill.

Hunkaroonie served with buttery mushrooms and wild rice. Here's the deal with the mushrooms.




tea rubbed filets



What you'll need
1/2 pound button mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons EVOO
4 large garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar

Now, let's start
1. In a cast iron skillet over high heat melt butter with EVOO.
2. Add mushrooms and spread out in even layer.
3. Cook without moving for 2 min.
4. Stir and add garlic, salt and pepper. Cook another 2 min.
5. Add parsley and vinegar.

Now, let's eat. Spoon mushrooms over steaks and serve with wild rice on the side. Delicious. Open a bottle of red wine and DIG IN. Oh my, I am full. Good job Hunkaroonie. I loved it. (Don't worry, I didn't leave all the cooking to him. I made strawberry shortcake for dessert!)

Hope you had all had a nice summer weekend. I'm exhausted- we golfed 18 holes. It took everything out of me just not to embarrass Hunkaroonie. He was so sweet and my biggest cheerleader. Oo, the dryer just buzzed. Off to be productive.



No comments: