Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dessert Recipe: Smore Bars

We eat on the healthy side but Hunkaroonie loves him some sweets. So I try and do my best to bake. It's the whole measuring and being precise thing. But I'm working on it! In honor of summertime coming to a close I wanted to make these Smore Bars.

What you'll need:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 large Hershey chocolate bars
2 eggs
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 7.5 oz Marshmellow Fluff

What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl mix flour, graham crackers, and baking powder. Then add this to the butter mixture.
In a greased 9x13 place and press half of the dough into the pan. Next lay the chocolate bars, then spread the marshellow fluff.
Lastly spread down the remaining dough for top layer. (I flattened pieces and then layed them over the top so it wasn't so messy)
Bake for 30-35min or until top is golden brown.

smores

They made the house smell delicious. I made them just in time for the premiere of Sons of Anarchy. Served up with a tall glass of milk. Hunkaroonie loves me.

Hope everyone is well rested after the long holiday weekend!

PS- Are you watching the Jon (minus Kate) interview tonight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Hunkaronie does love his B.A.!