Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dessert Recipe: A twist on Ice Cream Sandwiches

While the temperature still reaches in the 70s, the landscaping is still vibrant green, and the beaches are still open- let's continue to make ice cream treats!

I want to share a recipe I got from Grandma N. You'll like it. Trust me.

What you'll need:
1 box (I think its 12 bars) ice cream sandwiches
1 jar caramel topping
1 or 2 container(s) of Cool Whip, thawed

What to do:
Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches and place them in an even layer on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Mine came out even, I just had to cut a couple to make them fit. Next spread the whole jar of caramel over the ice cream sandwiches. Use a spatula if needed to make sure eveyone gets the love. Lastly, spread the thawed cool whip over the top. I used 2 containers (I made peaks) of Cool Whip but if you want a thin layer (nice & smooth), one should be perfect! Now, set in the freezer so everything can mold. I made mine the night before I served it.

summer dessert

Talk about easy-peasy and no one will know it only took you 5 minutes and under $10 to make it. Enjoy!

Hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer/beginning of fall transition! I love this transition but I find it tricky to dress. Not ready for boots, tights, or sweaters but too chilly for summer dresses/skirts. My solution is that it's all about the layering.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

This looks so good! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm looking forward to visiting here often. Looks like you've shared some great recipes!

-Darcy