Sunday, October 11, 2009

it's bananas

Wait for it....ok, you've already waited so patiently.

The center of our home. Our kitchen. She's done. And let me note, on a budget with the muscle(s) & craftsman work of Hunkaroonie & (my) Daddio.

kitchen 09

It's simple. It's lived in. It's not modern. French country. Not Shabby chic. Or contemporary.

It's just us. The things we like. Just as we are. We don't care about fingerprints on the appliances. About the scrape on the island or the knob on the stove (or even a mysterious screw on the floor). This gathering place, flaws and all, is exactly what we wanted.

kitchen

Cookbooks. Can you ever have enough cookbooks? My favorites. They change with the seasons.

kitchen

kitchen 09

I splurged on one thing. This oh-so-pretty roman shade. I usually can't justify something from Pottery Barn that is full price. This was the exception. And I'm so glad I did.

kitchen 09

It really ties the kitchen and dining room colors together. Yummy. It's lit-er-ly bananas (as Rachel Zoe would say).

kitchen

The lighting in here for pictures is not-so ideal. But work with me here. At least they are pictures nonetheless. You get the idea. For a crisp, clear picture you'll just have to come on over!

kitchen

So from floor (IKEA Tundra Antique Laminte) to ceiling (recess lights and pendant portfolio 1-light mini pendant bronze finish over the island) the room has been changed. And oh boy did it need it.

kitchen 09
(Note: Tara, do you see that screw? That was the one you picked up near our front door. It seriously has legs of its own.)

Hope you enjoyed 'the after' pictures and incase you want to see 'the before', click here.

2 comments:

C.E.R. said...

Love that you made it exactly as YOU want it. That's what makes it beautiful! Congrats!

Michelle said...

OH MY...I L.O.V.E. love it!! WELL DONE and worth the wait...and of course the muscle work, sweat, bucks and time...CONGRATS...I wanna come over for dinner now...love you, b