Monday, November 30, 2009

this past week, a look back

Last week I pulled out the Christmas bins, took inventory, and let sugar plums dance in my head. I met friends for dinner, caught up on my shows on the DVR, and grazed through my dinner meals.

Hunkaroonie got to spend 3 days at the farm with his dad & grandparents. He deserved his R&R time away from the city, work, life.

I (along with Dakota) welcomed him with open arms on Thanksgiving morning. So glad to have him back home and ready to celebrate the holiday.

We headed to my parents for good company and finger-licking-good food. Mom really outdid herself. I am so grateful that I grew up having food such a big part of our family and ofcourse the holiday season.

mama cook'in

thanksgiving

our plates

It ended with coffee & black Friday ads snuggling on the couch.

As we drove home that night I counted all my blessings.

The rest of the week included shopping on black Friday, putting up the Christmas lights, decorations, and tree. Renting movies, baking cookies, and reading magazines by the fire.

I'm in full Christmas mode. Everything from music, baking, holiday cards, to planning the menu!

Here's to the start of the holiday season...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Holidays to my favorite RITA!!