Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Caviar Dreams & Guacamole Secrets

Let's bring you up-to-date. A little weekend recap shall we.

Saturday morning Yoga class and then Starbucks. It was a gorgeous morning. The sun was shining and it was almost nice enough to sun bathe on the deck. (Well not really but we were in the 30's people. The 30's.) We were able to get lots done around the house and I hit up the grocery store. It was productive. Love those.

Then we met up with the party at Crave to celebrate someone turning 30! Good times.

Sunday included the big 3 : fire, food and football.

One of the things I made was guacamole. It's good anytime. Anywhere. Anyhow.

What you'll need:
5-6 ripe haas avocados, diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1 large tomato, seeded and diced
large handful of cilantro, chopped
1 lime, for juice
salt and pepper

And this is my secret weapon in my dip, err I mean secret ingredient.

secret ingredient

You'll need 8-10 dashes of this little guy. Don't start getting all choked up. Put the milk away. This stuff is not hot. It's just green pepper sauce. Pull up those big girl pants and give it a try.

What to do:
Put the diced avocados in a nice serving bowl. With the back of your fork, slightly mash up the avocados. Now add the rest of the indredients. Save the seasoning (salt, pepper, and tabasco) for last. Season to your liking.

Now dig in with some chips. Wash down with a Bloody Mary or whatever your beverage of choice may be.

(Recipe link is added to my Recipe Box)

I guess I don't have any caviar dreams to share but hope you enjoyed my guacamole secret.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you asked for new recipes.....which is better toll house chocolate chip cookies OR Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookies...since the sun is not shining i decided to bring my own sunshine into our home....so chocolate chip cookie contest and at the Martini household Ghiradelli won out.....I followed the recipe on the back of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.....YUMO....so tomorrow we will be back to your harvest pancakes.......
love....mom