Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope your heart is full today.

Our menu is ready for tonight. A visit to the local meat locker. Ingredients are purchased. Our stomachs are preparing to be full.

ON THE MENU


King Crab Legs
Lobster Tail
Smashed Yukon Potatoes
Steamed Asparagus

And ofcourse we'll be dunk'n the seafood in lots o melted butter! And we'll incorporate fresh herbs. That will make us feel better!

be mine

For dessert I am keeping the tradition alive by making a heart cake. Every year my mom would make this dessert. I was always so excited to come home from school to see it. It's simple. It's not extravagent. It's inexpensive. But for me, it's the memories. Hunkaroonie helped make the heart cake and it's chilling in the fridge. Old memories meeting new ones. Simply the best.

My parents always made Valentine's Day so special (and still do. thanks for stopping up). So for me, it's not just about your spouse or significant other but also your friends and family. To celebrate all of the people you love. To be thankful for them and the role they play in your life.

I'll be sure to report on how our meal turned out. We aren't too experienced with cooking seafood, so it's going to be a Valentine's Day to remember (hopefully in a finger-lick'n good way).

So along with your heart, make sure your belly is full today too!

No comments: