Friday, February 5, 2010

week recap & a recipe

It's Friday already? Geesh, where did the week go.

Let's see.

Hunkaroonie had team members in town so work kept him a busy boy. We are completely covered in white- the big, fluffy kind. Snow. It's beautiful.

I had to finish up and mail Isabella her Valentine's day gift. Homeade. They are the best kind of gifts. To give & receive.

isabella vday gift

I was able to get away on Thursday and do some junk'n. My favorite treasure was an old pair of lockers. They are still sitting in the back of my truck but once Hunkaroonie unloads them and they find a place to live, I'll take pictures. They are so much fun. (Hunkaroonie just doesn't know it yet!)

My sweet friend said some really special things over on her blog yesterday. Go look.

I have a new snack recipe to share. {It's not my own. Found it somewhere in internet land.} It's a healthy alternative to chips, candy, ice cream or cookies but still helps when the sweet tooth knocks. I think I've made this recipe 3 times now and I double or triple the recipe every time. Hunkaroonie just shovels it in. Don't judge him. Try it for yourself. You'll do the same thing.

HONEY GLAZED CHEX MIX

What you'll need:
2 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 cup mini pretzels
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup honey

What to do:
In a small bowl wisk together oil and honey. In a large bowl stir together cereals and pretzels. Top with honey mixture. Stir to combine and coat.
Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds. Let cool {but try it while it's warm too. yummy}.

It's delicious. I put in a canister that sits on the countertop. For easy access.

Enjoy my friends.

{Recipe added to Recipe Box}

Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend. Make it a good one. oxo

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thou V-Day is well completely out of control and pointless...it does have one exception... another change to SPOIL your niece with love and gifts...its the only thing to truly do on that day!!

Anonymous said...

what a gift the two of you have.....each other....

can hardly wait to make your sweet and salty treat!!!!

love.....mom