Friday, April 23, 2010

Peanuts & Cracker Jacks

It's a whole new ball game here in Minnesota. Target Field opened and my oh my. This is how baseball is suppose to be. Outside.

We got tickets from Hunkaroonie's work. Club level seats. $9.50 cuban sandwich, $6.50 hotdog, washed down with $7.00 bottle of beer. How truly American.

target field

We spent the first couple innings looking googley-eyed around the field. Not a single small detail was missed. The club level was top notch. Seriously amazing. I kept thinking how little brother would love this. How he will love this. Little brother has always been a huge Twins fan. I have vivid memories of him in our basement downstairs as a kid, he was 7, turning on the VCR and putting in the movie. The movie was a recap of the 1991 World Series between the MN Twins and the Atlanta Braves. He memorized every single word. Mimicking the announcer, singing the songs aloud, and pretending he too was at bat. To this day I guarantee he still knows every single word.

target field

On a Tuesday night when the weather was 70degrees at the time of the first pitch, I can't think of a better way to spend a night.

target field

Just another reason we love living here. Go Twins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...great pics of the stadium BA. I too can still hear benny, actually makes me sad for those days. Thanks for the look back.

love, daddio