Monday, May 10, 2010

Dressing Recipe: Mango Mint

Do you love homeade dressings as much as I do? They are so much better. So fresh. Who needs a bottle of Hidden Valley when you can make something like this yourself?

Now bare with me I just made this up as I went. The combination may sound weird but it's oh-so-tasty. Just trust me.

What you'll need:

Juice of 1-2 large Limes
2-3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard (Try 2 and if you want more zing, add the remainder)
1 Tablespoon white sugar
2 Tablespoon Honey
1/3 cup chopped mint
½ cup diced small mango
1-2 cups EVOO or Canola Oil (Just start with one and then see if you like the consistency. I usually do 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Depends if my hair is curly or straight that day. Well, not really.)

dressing

What to do:

Dump all of your ingredients in a canning jar (or jar with a lid), put the lid on, and shake. Yup, it's that easy.

I've served this over salad greens & walnuts, or over greens, feta, walnuts, & strawberries. It's delicious over grilled fish or chicken. We've drizzled it over couscous and quinoa. Ok, I'll stop but you get the idea. It's such a refreshing dressing for the summer. So go try it. Tell me if you like it. But don't tell me if you hate it. Because I'll take it personal and be all heart broken and everything. And that would be a shame.

dressing

Enjoy my lovely friends. OXOX

2 comments:

Spindy622 said...

Hi, this looks really good!! I'm going to give it a try and will provide positive feedback only!!

kristinwithani said...

Just saw your link on Edie's post. This looks amazing!