Monday, June 14, 2010

Dinner Recipe: Bloody Mary Shrimp

1) We love shrimp.

2) We also love bloody mary cocktails.

I wanted to try a new marinade for shrimp so I thought I'd try combining these two things. It turned out to be a wonderful marriage so I wanted to share it with you.

bloody mary shrimp

What you'll need:
Your favorite bloody mary mix (we love Mr & Mrs T's Premium)
Raw & devained shrimp
Prepared horseradish, spoonful
1 fresh lime, juice (and then throw the lime in the bag too)
Salt & Pepper
2 large pressed garlic cloves
Worcestershire Sauce, 3-4 dashes
Hot sauce, to your heat preference

What to do:
Put all ingredients in a large ziplock baggie. Pour enough bloody mary mix to cover all of your shrimp.
Seal your baggie and make sure everything is combined nicely.
Place in your fridge for a few hours (making sure all the shrimp are covered in the mix).
Put shrimp on scewers and grill until cooked throughout.

bloody mary shrimp

They were so yummy to eat just as is right off the grill. I served on grilled corn tortillas topped with homeade guacamole and shredded cabbage. However these would be great served on top of a thick cut grilled steak or even over some jasmine rice. Or how about garnishing the brim of your bloody mary drink with a few of these.

bloody mary shrimp

Enjoy my friends. I'll be adding it to my Recipe Box on the sidebar.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Um- YUM! A little forewarning the next time you make these and I will be over ;)

Beth McC. said...

I will be making this very soon!! YUMMY!!!
I love finding new recipes! Have a great weekend!

Lynsie said...

Yummy....I have a weakness for Bloody Marys! I love Zing Zang!! I can't wait to try this?

mjellis said...

These look so good! Everybody loves bloody mary's...and shrimp! Thank you for sharing!

Rona's Home Page said...

I'll definitely have to give this recipe a try!

Shoshanah said...

That sounds like such a great idea, and really sounds easy enough to pull off