Wednesday, August 25, 2010

skater boy

Do you like the feeling when you're on a roller coaster and starting the slow creep to the top, the what feels-like-forever but 30 second climb? The arrival to the top to freeze for just a moment. Anticipating the fall. Then the stomach drops, the heart sinks, face is forced to smile, let out a nervous giggle, and look down to see white knuckles. Do you know that feeling?

I hate that feeling. Ain't nothing cool about it.

Hunkaroonie L.O.V.E.S it. I've always known that about him. His latest is skateboarding. He snowboards and has a longboard but wanted to try skateboarding. And why not try at a skate park. On the biggest half pipe. On your first try. Yeah that sounds good.

Ouch. And no thank you.

skater

I love that about him. I encourage him to do those things. Test his limits and experience that rush that he loves so much. Always wanting to try something new.

Although I will snowboard next to him, with this my feet are firmly planted on the ground.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

ha! Nolan just got a skateboard this week- he'd been begging for one for weeks. He has been practicing on the driveway- no skate parks for us yet:)