Monday, October 25, 2010

Random Ramblings...I guess mostly about food

Made these (Pumpkin Spice cookies) last week. They were so easy. Filled the house with the best fall-roma. I sprinkled them with cinnamon right before baking. When they cooled a bit I drizzled powdered sugar glaze over the tops. Yum.

MamaSis (and brother 'n law) had us over on Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. She made our favorite appetizers and main entree. It was so good. Comfort food for sure. Then we all watched the Lesnar fight. His face got messed up. Really messed up.

Made this pumpkin bread recipe. Just slight modifications: used canola oil instead of olive oil and used 4 egg whites. Also omitted the nuts. It was so moist and delicious. We totally enjoyed this right out of the oven with melted butter on top. Enjoyed like half the loaf kind of enjoyed. Mmm.

For brunch I made my Harvest Pancakes but added 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree to the recipe. This time of year I add pumpkin puree to about anything I can get my hands on. So glad there is not a shortage this year in the supermarket. I wasn't looking forward to making the puree from scratch.

harvest pancakes

I'm loving that it's crockpot season. I've already made minestrone soup, salad dressing chicken, and pot roast. I love the people who use it everyday but that just ain't me.

Rita comes back from Arizona tomorrow. We've missed her.

Halloween is next week. What? If we were going to a party I'd dress up as Snooki. And I'd try to convince Hunkaroonie to go as Sitch. I think it's good we aren't going anywhere. I won't tell you what Hunkaroonie responded with to this idea.

1 comment:

Chambray Blue said...

Those pancakes look so-so good!