Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Appetizer Recipe: Bean Dip

I heart Mexican food. It comes second to Italian. Oh chips & salsa. You know I love guacamole. Enchiladas. Fajitas. Burritos. Fried ice cream. Chimichangas. Queso. Oh I love me some queso dip. Refried beans & mexican rice. (Hunkarooie loves) Huevos rancheros. You get the picture. We have this local mexican resturant very close to our house. We frequent it. They recognize us. Nuff said.

Ok, anyway. This bean dip is so good. You'll lick the plate. MamaSis got this recipe years ago. I think it's from an ex-boyfriend's mom. Let me tell you, that relationship was well worth it. I am telling you, I'd date that guy to get this recipe any day. Well, I mean I would have. Geesh people, I'm married.

Here we go.

bean dip

What you'll need:
2 packages of cream cheese, softened
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 jar of Raspberry Chipotle salsa
1 medium purple onion, diced
shredded cheddar cheese, for the top
tortilla chips, for dipping

What to do:
Dice up your purple onion.

onions

Then put them in a sauce pan with some oil. Add some salt & pepper. And let them get nice and soft. Yeah, like this. Nice and sweet.

onions

Now combine the ingredients in a bowl. The cooked onions, softened cream cheese(s), jar of salsa, and the rinsed & drained black beans.

bean dip

I'd say at this point it looks pretty unappealing. But have patience my friends. Put in a baking dish. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and stick in a preheated (350degree) oven. Until hot & bubbly. And cheese is melted.

bean dip

Serve warm with tortilla chips. So.good.my.friends.that.you'll.want.to.date.him.too.

bean dip

(Recipe added to Recipe Box on the sidebar.)

1 comment:

C.E.R. said...

Is it Pepitos?! If it is, I get it...totally get it. ;)