Monday, December 20, 2010

celebrating the holidays, breathing it in

We spent the weekend enjoying the holiday season. We hosted a dinner on Friday night with Hunkaroonie's cousin and her boyfriend. They just moved to the frozen tundra. It was a great time. Margaritas were involved. Oh and my favorite bean dip (appetizer). I'll share that with you. But not today.

Then Saturday, as I mentioned in my previous post, we celebrated the big first birthday! MamaSis did a great job hosting. We arrived a little early to help and snagged some preparty pictures. As I mentioned we arrived a tidbit later than anticipated. The mini fries were in the oven, the hot cocoa was not yet made, the sliders were sizzling on the stove, and the mini mac & cheese cups were not formed yet. So, we probably shouldn't have been taking pictures. But we did. Whatev. Pictures were blurry. We were in a hurry. Remember, I mentioned that.

girls

The food all turned out delicous. Hot chocolate bar was scrumptous. Cupcakes were to.die.for.

party food
party food

The birthday girl enjoyed eating her cupcake too. She just went ahead and helped herself.

isabella turns one
isabella turns one

After the party we went to the mall to grab a couple things. We ran into my parents and decided to grab a drink and a few appetizers. (Or a few drinks and a appetizer. You pick.) It was very spontaneous and festive. Rita says I need to work on being spontaneous. So there you have it.

Sunday we didn't leave the house. We had a movie marathon. Wrapped gifts. Stayed in our sweats the whole day. We didn't leave the house. Did I mention that? It was nice. We've enjoyed the month of December. Entertained and breathed in all that comes with the holiday season. Ya know, not let it pass us by. Well we haven't. But we needed a day of rest. And it was nice. We didn't leave the house at all. But you already knew that.

Now here we are. It's Christmas week. Enjoy my dears, enjoy!

No comments: